Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Decade!!!

The day after New Year's I was driving home from a day of work at the hospital and was contemplating all the things I wanted to accomplish this coming year. I just had had a productive day at work and was feeling pretty good as I drove home. I thought about taking a photography class, a creative writing class, getting my continuing education done, planning a fantastic, whimsical first birthday party for Shayne, finally hanging some pictures in our house, getting to those pilates classes at the gym more, getting all of our pictures put together in books, reading more classics and fewer gruesome murder mysteries, doing more with friends, starting my 2 new callings, organizing all of my closets, etc., etc., etc.

As I pulled into the garage and walked into the house, I was greeted with the deeply disturbing sight of clutter on all surfaces in the kitchen and living room left over from our unfinished unpacking from our trip and from two days of working instead of being home to do my routine clutter inspections. So I started in on the dishes in the sink to alleviate the mental anguish and no more than a couple of seconds later, a little bitty, crying, clinging girl had firmly attached herself to my leg making it impossible to move more than a few steps. 

So, I threw in the towel, picked her up, gave that girl some love and attention, and decided I had better make the above mentioned goals my 'goals of the decade' if I actually want to feasibly accomplish them. So here's to 2010-2020!!!!

Christmas pictures/post to follow soon. . . . . . . .

8 comments:

Haley said...

Hah! I agree. Goals of the decade are better. I make goals for the day (that's as far as I get) and then feel guilty when nothing happens that day. So my new, daily goal is play with my girls and get them to eat solid food. That's it!! And if I get dressed that day, that's good too...

Haley said...

and what are your new callings?

cbleeflang said...

I'm glad you are home and can't wait to see Hawaii pictures!

annette said...

I am patiently waiting for the pictures. . .

MiShelle said...

You make me laugh. Looking forward to your Christmas pics!

Broadbent Family said...

This is exactly why my house is never clean or clutter free until kids are asleep. I'm excited to see pictures of that little girl. She is such a cutie!

Sally and Max Brown said...

You are so funny! I love it...good idea :)

annette said...

I am STILL waiting for the Christmas AND Birthday pictures! Remember Valentine's Day is fast approaching! YIKES!