Friday, May 20, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Babes

After reading 2 books before nap-
S: One more book.
Me: Ok, but just because you are so cute.
S: And you make me happy.
Me: Yes, Shayne. I love it when you're happy.

And this one is just new. And funny too:
S: Tandy mommy.
Me: Shaynie, I don't have any candy.
S: YES YOU DOOOOO!
Me: Shayne. I don't have any candy (just then I remember that I actually do have some in my purse. oh well.) and that is not a very nice way of asking for candy.
S: Tandy mommy please.
Me: That was such a nice way of asking. But I still don't have any candy.
S: YES YOU DOOOO! YES YOU DOOOO! YES YOU DOOOO!
(How did she know??. . . . . still-no candy)

Sometimes I sing songs to Shayne while she sits on the toilet during the rare times she wants to attempt potty training. Today she returned the favor. How nice : ) She sang Itsy Bitsy Spider to me with actions and all. So funny!

Shayne: Mommy, I run so fast my diaper come off! (what an imagination)

3 comments:

Eisha said...

I love how you blog in spurts! I don't see anything for months and then Holly comes up 8 times on my blog stalker list! Looks like you are doing well!

Broadbent Family said...

Wow, what an eventful couple of months you have had. Sounds like you had a fantastic mother's day! I can't believe Shayne is 2. Both of your girls are adorable. I love that picture of Brooklyn with food all over her face and she has a huge smile. And let Danny know we think he is pretty amazing too!

Sally and Max Brown said...

Love all your new posts. Especially your motherhood one....you are the best! :)