Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter Weekend

So I begged my parents to come and visit for Easter weekend. I played the guilty "don't you want to see your grandchild?" card. Totally worked. Shayne loved my parents and especially my mom who stayed a few days longer. Soon I found her following my mom all around the house instead of me! Sweet! My mom had been telling me I needed to get Shayne a haircut, so we went to a little kid's haircut place and got her hair done. However, despite the balloon and sucker in her hands, movie playing, and cute car chair to sit in, she had an absolute fit!
On Easter Sunday, we had my parents, Danny's parents, my grandmother, and Danny's grandfather over for lunch in between conference sessions.
Shayne got a kitty movie (Aristocats), bunny potato head, and some empty easter eggs from the Easter Bunny. She couldn't have been happier. And her favorite gift was. . . . the empty easter eggs!
Cute dress my mom got for her:

3 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Holly, your family is so cute! I loved that first haircut picture!!! She's a doll!

Carrie said...

Cute blue shirt!!! :)

annette said...

Such a fun weekend playing with Shayne! Can't wait til we get together again! Your dad loves the "first hair cut" picture because as a dentist. . .when he says, "open wide". . .that's what he is talking about! HA!