Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Rant.

This is a rant. No pictures, just a rant. I have realized that I can't enjoy a meal anymore. This is a sad new truth to my life. And I realized it today as I was eating lunch at Rumbi (not the most delicious meal ever, but still a meal I didn't have to cook) with my 2-year-old. Maybe it was the lack of adult conversation that allowed my mind to go into deep, dark thoughts.

I know too much. I've seen too much. I've read too much. As I looked at my noodle bowl, all I could see was the not-free-range-chickens in the cut up cream colored cubes that had ended their life cycle of laying quality eggs and now ended up on my plate. Then I saw the noodles, oh the noodles. Made from enriched, bleached, white flour as I calculated the grams of carbs I was consuming. And let's not forget the sauce. Streaming in a thick rivulet from the condiment cup into my bowl, full of high fructose corn syrup.

It's over. I can't enjoy a refined carbohydrate, sugar laden, non organic, processed meal again, can I?

No comments: