Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Funny Things

Today, Shayne said a couple of funny things to me:
1. "Mom, when I was born did it hurt as much as: your brains coming out of your ears? pulling your eyeballs out? a dinosaur biting your head? a thing hitting you in the forehead?"

My answer to all of these was: worse, my dear. Hope she keeps that in her memory bank for later in life.

2. "I don't want you to get burned and die cause then we'd just have a daddy to take care of another baby."

I'm pretty sure that daddy won't be raising another baby if I have already burned up and died. I love the innocent logic of a 4-year-old.

Here is a conversation I had with Brooklyn tonight when she didn't want her dad to put her to bed:
Me: You need to be nice to daddy because if we're not nice to him then he might go to another house and find someone else to be his kid.
B: I want daddy to go to another house and have another kid.

Well, that didn't work. Sorry, honey.

Another anecdote of her eternal mother-love is that lately when she gets mad about something her comeback is "Then I won't be nice to Shaney (or daddy or Ally. Or sometimes all three)." The funny thing is she says this to me when she's actually upset with ME....... and she NEVER says I won't be nice to you (me). Even when Danny questions her "Are you gonna be nice to mommy?" The answer is always 'yes.' Although sometimes a bit exasperating, I'll enjoy the complete and utter devotion while I can get it!

1 comment:

annette said...

Kids do say "the darnest things". . .but your kids "take the cake". (smiles)