Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mexico

So, we decided to get together with my family in October instead of at Thanksgiving. And where better to go but Mexico! OK, so there is that whole drug cartel/ border war going on, but who are we to be deterred from a little gun fire! (Actually, I took it really seriously and looked at travel advisories, we traveled during daylight, and were careful.) We went to Rocky Point where my family has been going since I was in high school. We stayed at a resort and it was the best place with kids. We had a kitchen & living room attached to our room, the pool had a kid section Shayne could walk around without help in, and the beach had tide pools and minimal surf.



Everyday we basically, got up, ate breakfast, went to the beach, went to the pool, ate lunch, took a nap, and then either made dinner or went into town for fish tacos. You think that that would get boring over a whole week. But it didn't. It was awesome.



Shayne and Avery were little buddies. They get along. . . .most of the time.


One day we painted pottery by the pool.
My bowl for Shayne's room turned out really good. It looked even better when I finished it.
Face painting by the pool.




Ahhhh, Mexico. For the next couple of weeks after our trip, Danny kept saying, "Mexico was so nice." I'm glad he loves it as much as I do.

3 comments:

Sally and Max Brown said...

Love all of your cute new posts!

annette said...

FUN TIMES with all the family (except Jason was MIA). We need to explain that we rarely wear make up when we are down there at the beach. . .well maybe Jamie does! Let's do it again sometime soon. . .we need to collect more sea shells for Shayne's collection! LOVE those cute faces!

Carrie said...

This looks like so much fun! I want to go! You'll have to let me know what the name of the resort is.