Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Fun

This has been a great fall. The leaves are beautiful and the weather has been pretty warm up until now. We realized we used to go up Millcreek Canyon a couple of times a week in our 'married without kids' days and this summer we went up maybe once with all of us. Maybe not even that. So, FHE was spent taking a hike up the canyon a couple of weeks ago.

Being close to the canyons is one of the reasons we chose to live where we do, so we better take advantage of it.
This is how the hike back looked from Danny's point of view. I was on repeat saying "Hurry up Shayne," "OK I'm leaving you Shayne," "Don't get muddy Shayne." And then I realized she's 2 and should live life a little.
So then I resisted the swirling thoughts in my mind that said "I'm going to have to do laundry again tonight if she gets her clothes muddy," "I just got her that coat," "Now I'm going to have to give her a bath and she's not going to get to bed before nine." And I let her do this:
Buddies:We went to Gardner Village for their Witch Fest twice before Halloween. It was so fun. They make it really cute over there and then we get a cookie over at the bakery before we go home. Shayne's favorite witch was witchy-poo, which was a witch reading a newspaper in an outhouse. I thought only little boys would be obsessed with potty humor, but my daughter also is.
Everybody havin' fun!

2 comments:

sarah&brett said...

Shaynie Bug is so much fun!

Carrie said...

I love shayne's outfit! What a cutie pie.