Tuesday, November 23, 2010

She's Here!




Brooklyn Louise was born on 11/18 at 2:48 pm and weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. She has been such a wonderful baby so far, a very sleepy one too. My MD said she would induce me a few days before my due date and I decided that sounded like a great idea. So, we headed to the hospital Thursday morning around 10. By 11 I was all hooked up and going and by 3 I had her. It was such a calm, serene, easy delivery. We just kept saying "That's it? I can't believe that was it!"

It was fun to deliver at the hospital I work at because I know some of the staff on the post-partum floor. And I had a couple of nurses that I knew- although I did have to say to them "Sorry you are going to see more of me than you ever really wanted to" : )

I am tired of course but feeling really great, which is a lot different from the last time. Brooklyn is healthy and doing great. Shayne is a little confused about what is going on, but we are trying to give her lots of attention and keep our regular routine together. Danny is super helpful and helps keep Shayne occupied.

When we first had Brooklyn, both of us were wondering if we were really going to be able to love this little wiggle worm as much as we love Shayne. It's already done for me- I am loving all of her little noises and movements, and I just stare at her and wonder what she's going to be like as she grows. I am just trying to enjoy this as much as I can.

Thanks to everyone for your notes, gifts, meals, and calls!

13 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Congrats Holly & family!!

Janene said...

Congrats! She's beautiful.

MiShelle said...

Yay Holly! She's absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly for you. I'm headed to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa who are here for Thanksgiving so I"ll show them the cute pictures. Best wishes to you and Danny! Congrats!

Eisha said...

congrats!!

Dana Christensen said...

Congrats Holly! The 18th is my Jill's birthday, great day for beautiful little girls! :)

Mary said...

aww.. She's adorable!! Congrats!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! She is precious!

Shalee said...

Holly! Congrats to you all!! She is just adorable and we are so happy for you. We have been thinking about you guys and hoping everything went well! Can't wait to meet her. So glad things went so well and I hope you have a great recovery and get some good sleep! With a new little one in the house I know how precious that sleep time is :)

Momma Dianna said...

Congrats on the sweet lil cutie patootie Holly! Glad you are both doing well :)

Haley said...

YEAH! How did I not know about this until today? SOOO happy for you. She's beautiful and I'm glad it was easy. I'll be in touch to see if we can help. Out of town right now. Enjoy,enjoy!!!

Rodela Family said...

She is so freaking cute Hodgie! Can't wait to meet her. Will give you a week or two to settle in then come with gifts! Let me know if you me to come and grab Shayne at any time! Addi would love to hang out with her.

Broadbent Family said...

Congrats Hollyn and Danny! She is adorable!!

Sally and Max Brown said...

Glad to see there are some adorable pictures up of Brooklyn. Can't wait to see you guys again. I am planning on bringing dinner as soon as you can handle us coming over :) love you guys!