Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vegas Trip & WY























Kidding!!












I just got back from a weekend in Las Vegas with 3 of my high school friends. It was so fun, despite being the only one who was ready to go to bed at 9'o'clock every night : ) One day we just walked the strip, shopped, and rode the NY roller coaster; one day we hung out at the pool, ate at a buffet, and went to a show, KA, that night; and the last day we checked out the outlets. It was so fun to just talk and hear about everybody's lives and have some time away. And to maybe gossip about everyone from high school--let the truth be spoken. It was great!

Although I do have to say that Vegas has gotten a lot worse than I remember it in college when we used to go. I don't know that I'd ever want to take Danny there--but the shows and food are pretty great.

Danny also got some time away doing his favorite thing--outdoor guy stuff with his cousins in WY. He went 'fencing' (not with swords, but where you repair barbed wire fences all over a ranch) and rode dirt bikes- of which he has been looking online at them ever since.

Shayne, in the meantime, got to spend some time with Danny's folks in WY where he dropped her off on his way. She got to see lots of farm animals and their babies and spend time with Granny and Grandpa. Sounds like she loved it!

It's nice to be apart for a little bit, but it was also so nice to come home and be together again.

3 comments:

Rodela Family said...

such a fun trip! I want to go back!! Let's do it again next year. We'll make Peesh plan it!

Elisha said...

So much fun! It was so great to catch up Holly! I wish we lived closer to I could meet your little one! Congrats on #2!! Oh and Kimmy, if you make me plan it you know it will be NYC!!!!

Momma Dianna said...

I sooo need to do that sometime! I miss all you girls :(