Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet Words

How this conversation just happened with my just-2-year old, I don't know, but it did. I'm tucking her in at night and

I say: I love you, I love you.
B: Do you love me mom?
Me: I do love you.
B: I love you. You're a good mom.
Me: What? (Did I just hear that? And I take her binkie out for clarification.)
B: You're a good mom.

Sweet words to me after I've been cleaning up throw up all afternoon. She's got a stomach bug today-- hoping for just a 24 hour one--please. It's hard when they don't understand that if I give you milk, juice,  cereal, or chicken nuggets as you have been requesting, they will be out in a very unpleasant manner within the hour. What a very sweet girl I have.

1 comment:

MiShelle said...

Aw. We need those moments from time to time hu? How darling. You are a good Mom!